1. Under-age Gambling
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to place a bet in the UK.
also advise that if your computer is used by children that you keep
your account number/username confidential and you may wish to make use
of parental control software such as netnanny (www.netnanny.com) or cybersitter (www.cybersitter.com).
2. Responsible Gambling
would like you to enjoy your gambling experience. We recognise the need
for a responsible attitude towards gambling and we have in place a
number of measures to promote and ensure responsible gambling.
you think that you or someone else may have a problem with gambling
then please take some time to consider the problem gambling checklist
3. Problem Gambling Checklist
- Do you stay away from work or studying in order to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from boredom or unhappiness?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until all your money is lost?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have you ever lied borrowed or stolen to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend gambling money on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
The more 'yes' answers you have given to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
We recommend that you:
- Gamble as a form of entertainment
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend
4. Organisations That Can Help